What is Nutritional Therapy?
Though some people may be predisposed to certain diseases, it is critical to understand that “predisposed” does not mean “guaranteed”. As Chris Kresser stated at the NTA’s 8th Annual Conference: “Genes load the gun. Lifestyle pulls the trigger.” No, your genes are not your fate. What you eat and how you live directly affects which genes are expressed and in what way. Epigenetics trumps genetics. This is good news! You have the power to improve your health by eating a nutrient-dense, properly prepared diet and balancing the five foundations. When these foundations get out of balance through a poor diet and unhealthy lifestyle, we start to experience a host of unwanted symptoms: weight gain, skin issues, fatigue, hormonal imbalances, and worse. By supporting each of these foundations through diet and lifestyle, the body’s chemistry can be brought back into balance, helping people enhance their health naturally. The body’s default mode is health if—and this is a big if—it gets the basic building blocks it needs to function properly and build healthy cells, tissues, organs, and systems.
Credit: NTA America
My Approach to Optimsing your Foundational Health!
Modern medicine is very efficient at alleviating the symptoms of disease. But in order to address the underlying reason for dysfunction, we need to address the Foundations of Health. As a Certified Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) my purpose is to reconnect people with their bodies, empowering them with the knowledge they need to aid recovery or prevent disease.
I focus on the Foundations of Health. I investigate any imbalances in these Foundations and together we build strategies and action plans to help bring optimal function back to your Foundations.
I look forward to working with you and digging deep to help you really Optimise your Foundational Health.
Introduction to Nutritional Therapy
The Initial consult is the first step in discovering the status of your Foundational Health. I assess a five day food journal, a detailed health history questionaire, including genetic markers from Grand Parents, and I ask you to complete an online Nutritional Assesment Questionaire (NAQ). The NAQ examines signs and symptons you may be experiencing which I can trace back to underlying Foundational dysfunction.
In our meeting we will discuss the findings of the above investigations, and I will outline initial reccomendations you can use to start addressing your health concerns. This initial consult includes a 1.5 hr meeting, the required analysis, and documented findings.
The Introduction includes:
- Intial health history questionaire
- Food diary evaluation and initial nutrition reccomendations
- Nutritional Assesment Quesitonaire (NAQ)
- Questions and answer session related to health issues
- Discussion about next steps and further testing/assesment/treatment
Nutritional Therapy 3 month Health Optimisation Program
(Note: It is a pre-requisite to complete the Introduction program prior to starting the 3 month program)
This is the next step in the Nutritional Therapy Health Optimisation Journey. I find clients benefit the most from making a commitment to work with me for 3 months. We need this time to see the changes in health for most clients. Meetings are established based on your specific needs with ongoing communication and check-in discussions between the main consults as needed.
- The program includes up to 6 appointments which are planned based on your progress and these are scheduled over a 3-4 month period based on your individual needs
- Additional Nutritional Assesment Quesitonaires (NAQ) (multiple to monitor progress)
- Functional Nutritional Evaluations (multiple to monitor progress)
- Ongoing communication and support during the program
- Informative handouts that will help you understand more about Foundational Health
- Recommendations for continuning nutrtion and lifestyle changes
- Recommendation and supply if required of appropriate supplements (additional cost for supply)
- 1 x Mindset coaching session with Andre Obradovic (optional no extra cost)
Optional Component if required:
- Access to the world leading Low Carb Real Meal Revolution subsctiption service which provides:
- Meal Plans that are aligned to our approach
- Hundreds of recipes
- High Quality Video Lectures on health and nutrition
- Easy to use meal planner/macronutrient trackers
- Phone App to use ‘on the go’ for meal tracking
At times we all struggle to give up foods and habbits we have grown to enjoy even though they may not be optimal for our long term health. If this is you then why not book in for a program of mindset coaching with Andre, he is a fully qualified executive, personal leadership, and health coach. He will help you develop the skills to help you stay compliant to the new habits that we have worked on together in our Nutritional Therapy Program.
Andre Obradovic is a certified mindset and leadearship coach that works with clients at the emotional level to help unlock barriers to change. Andre and I work very closely together to help our joint clients.
- 4 x 1 hr sessions
- Face to face mindset coaching
- Wheel of Life Exercise
- Communication between sessions to support you
- Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) Nutritional Therapy Association – America
- Certified Gluten Practitioner
- Selected as a Group Leader for Brisbane 2017 NTP Course
- Associate Member of the International Institute for Complementary Therapies
- Bachelor of Education